Industrial floor paint is a heavy duty floor paints that is suitable for factory floors. The best industrial floor paint is the two-component epoxy resin based product that is been designed to be suitable for the factory floors. It is also suitable for commercial facilities and many other industrial facilities where there are aggressive environments with frequent traffic or chemical spillages on the floors. This type of paint is generally tough and is resistant enough to withstand the following:
– The static loading which is been imposed on the painted factory floor by pallet stacking in the storage or other such equipment on floor.
– The wear and abrasion which take place, that is, from pallet trucks, forklifts and other vehicle movements across the floor of factory.
– Any chemical or liquid spillages which may occur on floor, that is, oils, alkaline solutions, water or acids that are been used in the processes that is carried out on the painted factory floor.
Most of the factory floors are reinforced concrete floors that have sufficient strength to support all of these loadings. The functions of industrial floor paint are as follows:
– To increase the wear resistance and floors abrasion
– To improve the factory floor surface and to strengthen it
– To improve the ambience and appearance of the working environment
– To provide the increased additional chemical resistance
– To delineate specific areas, such as, parking bays, safe walking areas or access routes and other directions.
The best industrial floor paint is the one which have epoxy and these are available in different colors and finishes. This type of paint is a kind of thermosetting polymer which contains two parts resin and polyamine. Other kind of such paint is the polyurethane paint that is very strong and is similar to epoxy but it is not able to withstand so much of heat.