The Optimap Gloss meter is one of the incredible digital meters that allow users to measure fast and get simple, accurate gloss levels on a given flat surface material. In most cases, the surface in question could be paper, wood, plastic, paint, or any other provided material. Typically, with the above meter, there are no special skills or training required to operate it. Indeed, operating Optimap is as simple as counting 1,2,3,4…; just place the gage, press the button labelled scan’ and you are ready to read the values!
How the above Gloss meter operates
Glosses are measured by typically shining a known amount of light at a given surface and then quantify the reflectance. Indeed, the angle of the light and the method/procedure by which the reflectance is measured are commonly determined by the surface.
To measure accurately gloss of a given surface, a sophisticated machine called Gloss Meter (also known as Glossmeter) is used to direct light at a particular angle to the test surface’ and consequently measures the amount or intensity of reflection. The type of test surface’ to be measured determines the Gloss meter model as well as gloss meter angle to be used. Besides that, the intensity of reflectance is dependent on the angle of illumination and the test material. For instance, in the case of nonmetals (like plastics and coatings), the amount of light that is reflected increases with an increase in angle of illumination. The remaining illuminated light penetrates the test material’ and is diffusely scattered or absorbed dependent on the colour.
The Bottom Line
Optimap Gloss meter is one of the most stable meters currently available for use, and it fulfils all the ISO standards. Indeed, the spectral sensitivity, linearity, and stability all proved to be exceptionally stable using the Optimap gloss meter.
Industrial floor paint is a heavy duty floor paints that is suitable for factory floors. The best industrial floor paint is the two-component epoxy resin based product that is been designed to be suitable for the factory floors. It is also suitable for commercial facilities and many other industrial facilities where there are aggressive environments with frequent traffic or chemical spillages on the floors. This type of paint is generally tough and is resistant enough to withstand the following:
– The static loading which is been imposed on the painted factory floor by pallet stacking in the storage or other such equipment on floor.
– The wear and abrasion which take place, that is, from pallet trucks, forklifts and other vehicle movements across the floor of factory.
– Any chemical or liquid spillages which may occur on floor, that is, oils, alkaline solutions, water or acids that are been used in the processes that is carried out on the painted factory floor.
Most of the factory floors are reinforced concrete floors that have sufficient strength to support all of these loadings. The functions of industrial floor paint are as follows:
– To increase the wear resistance and floors abrasion
– To improve the factory floor surface and to strengthen it
– To improve the ambience and appearance of the working environment
– To provide the increased additional chemical resistance
– To delineate specific areas, such as, parking bays, safe walking areas or access routes and other directions.
The best industrial floor paint is the one which have epoxy and these are available in different colors and finishes. This type of paint is a kind of thermosetting polymer which contains two parts resin and polyamine. Other kind of such paint is the polyurethane paint that is very strong and is similar to epoxy but it is not able to withstand so much of heat.